Counseling for New Mothers
For new moms, it can be upsetting and frightening to have feelings about motherhood that don’t seem “right.”
For some women, a morning run, a healthy diet, and receiving help and support from family and friends are sufficient enough to get through the initial adjustment period. For others, talking to a therapist who specializes in dealing with new motherhood issues can add to the level of comfort relief, and enlightenment one possesses.
As a therapist with both experience and training in addressing post-partum disorders, I will help to increase your understanding of how hormonal changes, personal and family history, as well as social support, are all vital factors in alleviating postpartum symptoms.
Common postpartum symptoms include:
- Feeling overwhelmed and wondering if you should have become a mother in the first place
- Feeling guilty due to high self-expectations
- Not feeling “bonded” with the baby
- Experiencing “Mom Guilt”
- Your thoughts are racing and you can’t quiet your mind
- Feeling empty and numb as if you’re just going through the motions
- Lack of focus and concentration
- Being afraid that if you reach out for help, others will judge your inabilities
- Thoughts of running away or leaving your baby behind
- Being constantly in a state of worry
If one or more of the above symptoms resonates with you, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation. Together, we’ll find the underlying issues that make you feel disconnected from your baby and create a strategy for moving forward. Contact me today to see how I can help.